- What is ILLiad?
- How is ILLiad better than traditional ILL systems?
- What if I forget my password?
- What can be ordered through interlibrary loan?
- How long can I keep a book loaned through interlibrary loan?
- Where do I pick up a book I ordered through interlibrary loan?
- How do I get the article I ordered through interlibrary loan?
- Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is the electronic system you use to request an item through Interlibrary Loan. The name ILLiad can be thought of as an acronym for InterLibrary Loan internet accessible database.
How is ILLiad better than traditional ILL systems?
- You will find it easier to submit your interlibrary loan requests. With ILLiad, you enter your name, address, and other personal information into the system only once, at the time of your first request.
- Your request will be handled more rapidly and accurately as problems relating to misinterpretation of hand-written requests are eliminated.
- You can get articles more quickly through Electronic Delivery.
- You can get information about the status of your request through the Web at any time from any location without having to call the ILL Department.
- Library personnel are able to serve you better because all data about your request and its handling is stored in a searchable database. We are able to respond quickly to your inquiries about your request. We are also able to gather statistical information about the performance of the libraries that lend to us, enabling us to make better decisions when choosing a lender to supply an item.
What if I forget my password?
Your user id is your MedailleOne user id, ex: abc123. Your password is your Medaille College ID number, this is printed on your student ID card, ex: 10019999. If you don't have your card and need to know your ID number, please call the Library at: (716) 880-2283.
What can be ordered through interlibrary loan?
Books and articles not owned by the Medaille College Libraries.
How long can I keep a book loaned through interlibrary loan?
The loan period for borrowed books varies and is determined by the lending library. Due dates are available by logging into your Illiad account and due dates are clearly displayed on the books. Books must be returned by the due date indicated. Late returns will incur fines and possibly blocking you from using the ILLiad system.
Renewals for book can be requested through ILLiad, but remember that renewals are not automatically granted by the lending library.
Where do I pick up books I ordered through ILLiad?
Books can be picked up at the library location you indicated when placing a request: Amherst, Buffalo, or Rochester.
How do I get the article I ordered through interlibrary loan?
- Logon to ILLiad
- From the main menu, click the "Electronically Received Articles" link under the View Requests options.
- A list will be displayed containing all of the items that you have waiting to be viewed or downloaded.